Monday, June 24, 2013

Hello H531 Computers in Education classmates


My name is Chris Woodard. I was born in California and received an AS degree from Butte College & a BS degree from California State University Chico. Work brought me and my family to Indiana a few years ago. Now we consider it home, and even though I have had offers to leave my wife and I like it too much.

My wife and I enjoy traveling when we get the chance. I have made it to 49 states while my wife is at 48. She has informed me that I can take a trip to Alaska once I take her to Delaware and Vermont.  Yes, we have Vermont planned this summer.

I work full time as a Quality Manger and during my career I have held positions in Quality and Process Engineering as well as Manufacturing Management. I am currently enrolled in the MS in Technology program with an expected graduation date of Spring 2015.

My future goal is to teach at the community college level in Industrial Technology/Engineering. During college I had the opportunity to develop course work and teach a class on manufacturing and the consumer.  Since that time I have always had the desire to get back into the education field.  I see this course helping me to fulfill this goal by understanding more about current use of computers in the education system in the United States.

2 comments:

  1. A fellow traveler. I love to travel with my wife as well. We just got back from Japan and are going to Manchester soon. I hope for the best for you and look forward to working with you this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome, Chris! I'm glad to have an opportunity to work with you again, this time in W531! I didn't realize your current career was outside of K-12 education, so this was an interesting post for me! Thanks for your introduction.

    ReplyDelete